TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. NOTIFY ERIE CO. NON-EMERGENCY 911 at 814-451-7911 every time before starting your controlled burn
2. Size must be no larger than 100 sq. ft.
3. Location must be 20 ft. from any structure on the property
4. Location must be 30 ft. from neighboring property &/or any structure
5. Waste must be limbs, brush, vegetative matter, or wood.
NO CONSTRUCTION WASTE, GARBAGE, FOOD WASTE, REFUSE, OR RECYCLABLE MATERIALS.
6. Hours permitted for burning: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Exception: March 15th to October 15th – Extinguished by 8:00 p.m.)
7. Fire must be attended at all times
8. Must have sufficient fire suppression equipment/water and personnel present at all times
9. This permit must be available by applicant while work is in progress
10. If you are part of a HOA, please reference their rules and regulations concerning open burning
11. If in the sole opinion of the Fire Code Official outdoor burning creates or adds to a hazardous situation, or a required permit has not been obtained, he/she is authorized to order the extinguishment of the burning material, or take measures to extinguish the burning material
Fee: No Fee